Knowing When to Walk Away
Love rarely obeys our expectations. While love is a blessing, unrequited love can be completely toxic. This is because we often fall in love with someone before we really know all about them. By the time we do really get to know them, it is too late, our hearts are exposed. Love requires trust and vulnerability which leads to expectations and hope coming along for the ride.
While loyalty and commitment teach us that we should stick with people through the ups and downs, loving without expectation, if you are questioning the love there may be a problem. If the friendship or relationship is unbalanced, then things can get off course quickly, causing heartbreak. Love should be equally shared, but we must begin with an awareness and openness that lets us know we are truly ready for love.
Love is a gift, but losing love can be extremely painful. From such experiences, we can learn the following:
- There is no better feeling than love, so take the risk.
- Enjoy good times in the moment and show gratitude.
- Focus on the moment, not the future.
- Protect your heart an do not allow yourself or your partner to take on the pain of another person.
- If a relationship is struggling, know when to let it go.
- Be your best, take care of yourself, and know this will strengthen your relationship.
- No matter how hard we try, some things simply will not work out.
- If you are hurt, it is okay to walk away because love can be found again.
Life and love are never easy. Some things will tear us own, while others build us up. Our hearts can grow, break, and be rebuilt. We learn and grow over time. Stop the vicious cycle of being broken an having to heal, seek pure love that builds you up in every way. Something beautiful is waiting if you seek it out.